Calling All Rescues!
How can UKUSCAdoggie help your dog or cat rescue organization?
UKUSCAdoggie specializes in high quality, unique supplies and accessories for dogs and cats. We source our products from all over the world with an emphasis on quality and safety.
Inspired by their beloved rescue dogs, Massey, a German Shepherd mix, and Rocky, a cute little shih tzu-poodle mix with a heart problem, the company was founded by Margot and Alex Barber in 2012. When Massey and Rocky passed away, they eventually adopted Simon and Clyde from West Coast Cocker Rescue. Aside from healing their broken hearts, adopting these wonderful Cocker Spaniel mixes introduced the Barbers to a world of global rescue and a community of such caring people so in need of support, they decided that they had to do whatever they could to help.
In addition to regularly donating a portion of our profits to rescue organizations locally, we donate 10% of every sale to the organization of the customer's choice, wherever that organization may be...
UKUSCAdoggie's main focus is working with rescue organizations to generate funding for them. We believe that working together we can make a difference!
This is how our program works:
1. We ask participating rescue organizations to encourage their supporters to purchase from us. We suggest that the organization create a UKUSCAdoggie-themed section on their website or Facebook page. Adding a link directing supporters to our website or to specific products seems to work well.
2. When a customer is ready to complete a purchase, they are asked to select a rescue organization to which we will donate 10% of the purchase price. This rescue can be anywhere in the world.
3. At the end of each month, or sooner depending on volume, we will deposit 10% of all orders processed into the selected organization's bank account.
4. In order to engage supporters, we ask that participating rescues send us promotional material on a regular basis, e.g. a blog post telling us about the organization and the great work they or doing, or perhaps a short piece promoting an upcoming adoption event. When we feature your rescue, we will include links to your website to encourage customers to take a look. It has been our experience that customers do not always support the charity right around the corner from them.
5. In addition to our monthly donation payments, we make additional donations to a rescue, per an agreed schedule, dependent on the level of orders received. We also run competitions where rescues compete to achieve the most donations over a specified period of time.
Our company strives to offer dog and cat owners the best products out there, and we will only partner with suppliers whose philosophies match our own. Most of our products are designed and manufactured in the UK, US, and Canada, hence our name. We are always on the lookout for new items to keep our site fresh, so suggestions are always welcome!
We encourage all rescues to consider our program and welcome any suggestions you might have in tailoring it to better meet your needs. Also, if you're involved with any other pet-related organizations that would benefit from the program, we would love to hear from you!
To get started, please send us a piece about your organization that we can use to promote you. We will post this as a blog on our website with links to your website. We might also post to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn to give you as much exposure as possible. If we need to make substantial changes to your submission, we will let you know before publishing.
Please get in touch here