Enter Ferndale Kiwanis Polaroid Pet Contest
Join us at UKUSCAdoggie and in partnership with the Ferndale Kiwanis in raising money to serve our local community. Partial funds from this fundraiser will be donated to Animals as Natural Therapy (ANT). We are grateful for the opportunity to financially assist ANT in offering healing and mental health programs for at-risk youth, veterans, and elders via animal-assisted programs throughout Whatcom County. Their programs teach respect for self and others, healthy boundaries, self-management, empathy, and clear communication.
Enter your own pet, or vote for other pets! There are FOUR categories to enter and a Grand prize will be awarded for each category. That means FOUR Grand prizes. The categories are, Top Purrr-fect Cat, the Top Woof-tastic Dog, the Top Unique Pet and the Top Costumed Critter. The contest is live now and votes will be taken through midnight on November 7. First Place: The pet with the most votes in each category. The first-place winner from each category will receive a first-place certificate and a prize package valued at $150 or more. Top pet winners may be asked to take additional photos and be available for interviews. There are also additional prizes awarded weekly for various recognition such as: Most creative caption (Rated PG, suitable for families with children), random selection, and more!
Whether you’re entering your pet or planning on voting you’ll need to sign into a GoGo Photo Contest account or register for a GoGo Photo Contest account on the contest website. You will need to have an account in order to enter the contest.
How to Enter and Vote:
- All entries will be made online by visiting the contest website and following the directions for entering pets in the contest and voting. Contest payments will be made online through a secure payment site.
- There is a $10 fee to enter your pet which automatically gives you 10 votes that can be used for any pet submission; ballot box stuffing is encouraged!
- Additional votes cost $1 and can be made in any number throughout the contest.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
- Only online entries will be accepted; Donations made directly to the Ferndale Kiwanis and sent via U.S. mail to PO Box 245, Ferndale, WA 98248 will be graciously accepted.
- The Polaroid Pet Contest 2021 is open to anyone 18 years or older who would like to enter their pet to compete.
- "Pet" shall be defined as a canine or dog, feline or cat. In addition, the "Unique Pet" is an open category that can include any pet such as a bird, gecko, horse, goldfish, or any non-canine or feline that can be photographed and lives with the contest entrant; no wildlife will be accepted. "Costumed Critter" can include any pet in costume – homemade, store bought, Halloween, or otherwise costumed!
- The contest is open to anyone within the city limits of Ferndale, WA or anywhere in the universe.
- To participate, an entrant must submit a photo of their pet. Photos should be digital, in focus, and sharp enough to look good on the internet and show off the pet. Photos of pets only, no people. By submitting a photo, the pet owner is granting GoGo Photo Contest and the Ferndale Kiwanis approval to post their pet photo(s) on the contest website, the Ferndale Kiwanis Facebook page, and any other medium approved by the Ferndale Kiwanis.
- The entrance fee is $10 per pet submission. With payment of the submission fee, 10 votes are automatically awarded. If there are multiple pets in one family, separate photos of each pet must be entered, posted separately, and the $10 submission fee paid for each. One pet per entry.
- Pet owners are encouraged to have their friends, relatives and co-workers visit the contest website and vote for their pet. Each vote costs $1 each, and there is no maximum on how many votes can be purchased. For example, $100 pays for 100 votes that can be used anytime during the contest period. Pet owners may purchase additional votes, too. Ballot box stuffing is encouraged!
- All proceeds from this fundraiser will benefit the Ferndale Kiwanis which is used to support our local Club projects, and local community and youth-related non-profits.
Contest Period officially launched September 19, 2021 and will end at midnight on November 7, 2021.
If you need new outfits or need help taking the perfect shot, visit us at our store in Ferndale, right across from Dominos. We can pass along our pet photo taking tips. Thank you for helping us support our local community!